Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Stable is my middle name

Have you ever wondered why some days you are rearing to go and others you just want to kick back,lax out and watch a vid with some munchies?


Well today was one of those rearing to go moments! However I had just finished a graveyard shift and hadn't slept for 24 hours! To make matters more interesting I had just received in the post that morning a letter from the UK stating that my police check was all clear. This meant I could send it to Wellington and finally get my full provision so that I could teach full time.


Thoughts shot through my mind at lighting speed, luckily not short circuiting my brain. The adrenaline was pumping and I had a new lease of life! Still wisdom was telling me that I was going to pay the price big time if I didn't get in the shower and go to bed. I could have overrode those feelings and carried on but decided that it was best long term to quit while I was ahead.


That move paid dividends and instead of sleeping for a couple of hours I managed to stay in bed until 2.30pm! That was a miracle after knowing all the things I could have been doing in my day.


I enjoyed a cruzy run into church and posted the police check via track n trace so that if it got lost in the mail I wouldn't have to wait another 2 weeks for one to come from the UK!


It is so easy to become unstable when there is so much stimulus but it is in these times that I need to slow down and think clearly and rationally. This produces stable results and consistent ones as well! Very Happy Wife.




No comments:

Post a Comment